We now live in a world where we are criticized and scrutinized for every decision that we make, for who we are and what we look like. We are constantly battling the “ideal look” and the “perfect” body size and skin tone. Which brought me to the realization that… I kinda like me! Regardless of what society and social media are pushing on me, I will remain true to myself!
So here it goes…
My name is Dr. Samina B. Martin and I kinda like me.
- I like me with my unshaved legs in my high waisted summer shorts.
- I like me with my tight jeans and my muffin top.
- I like me on my natural hair days with my nappy curls.
- I like me on my flawless days with my face beat and wig right.
- I like me with an extra slice of pizza.
- I like me on my salad days.
- I like me when I’m down n out.
- I like me when I’m most confident.
- I like me with my acne scars.
- I like me with my Two Faced concealer and Fenty foundation.
- I like me on my Cassava Leaf and Palm Butter loving days.
- I like me on my brunch with my girls’ days.
- I like me at Goodwill and the Salvation Army.
- I like me at Saks and Neiman Marcus.
So yea…I kinda like me!