Hello, Fearless Folks, this post is so late. It was meant to read “Hello Summer” but because of the timing of the publication, I had to edit it a bit … enjoy these bright and fun photos.
(Not in any specific order)*
1. If you do what is easy your life will be hard, if you do what is hard your life will be easy – Les Brown
2. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime –Eminem
3. If it was possible for one; it is possible for ME!
4. If you have a dream; you have to protect it!
5. Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day or a year. But eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, However, it last forever – Lance Armstrong
During my psychiatry rotation, I came across many individuals from different walks of life. Most of them were admitted for substance or alcohol use disorder and a few with mood disorders. There was one particular case that a colleague of mine was covering that really hit home for me.
She was following an African American male in his early-mid twenties, who self-admitted due to Major Depressive Disorder and Suicidal Ideations. He was a senior at a prestigious university, a member of a fraternity and played on his university’s football team. From the outside, you may think he had it all together; his future looked bright and he was headed for nothing but success. Deep down, he was suffering.
Samnie Coleman, a good friend of Fearlessly Living and the creator of Thrift_Ventures, will be taking over the creative post for this month. She is a longtime thrifter and was ecstatic to share some of her ideas with all of you fearless folks, ENJOY!
Ever took the time to ask yourself; “what is my purpose?” Why are you on this earth, especially at this time and during this season? Is there something that you were born/created to do?
A good friend of mine once asked me, “How do you know your purpose?” At the time I think she may have been experiencing her quarter-life crisis. You can imagine how perplexing such a question can be. That is such a difficult question to answer, especially for a mortal being like myself. I have no insight into the future… I AM NOT GOD.